Rover Resources Center
Fits: Range Rover Classic | '90 - '94
1. Unplug the connectors from the back of the heater controls. (Shown in photo 40) Make sure to take note of the connector (it is easiest to just mark one of the connectors) locations so they are not interchanged during reassembly.
2. Unplug the Green & Black wires from the recirculation flap solenoid and disconnect the vacuum hose. (Shown in photo 41)
3. Drain the cooling system by using a siphon hose inserted into the plug on the radiator. (Shown in photo 42)
4. While the antifreeze is draining, pull the 4 defroster hoses out (clip the cable ties securing the hoses in place), and disconnect the hoses for the rear heat. (Shown in photo 43)
4a. Remove wiring and grommet for mirrors and clock from AC Plenum.
5. Remove the nut securing the AC plenum unit in place (shown in photo 44).
6. Use a blanket to protect the console and lower the AC plenum unit so it rests in the passenger wheel well and on the console. It should be in a position so it does not interfere with the heater box removal.
7. Unplug the heater assembly connector and the AC thermostat connector with green wires. (Shown in photos 45 and 46 respectively)
8. Disconnect the 2 heater hoses, noting their locations so they are not interchanged upon reassembly, from the firewall in the engine compartment. (Shown in photo 47) You might what to place a catch basin underneath the vehicle to catch any antifreeze that might spill out.
9. Remove the 4 bolts securing the heater box to the vehicle firewall. (The 2 bolts in the drivers side wheel well are shown in photo 48 and the passenger side wheel well in photo 49.)
10. Tilt the top of the heater box out and maneuver the unit out of the vehicle.
11. The state of the vehicle at this point is shown in photo 50.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Questions? Speak with a product specialist.Tap to Call By Phone
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....