Freelander Trailer Wiring Kit
Fits: Freelander | '02 - '05
An Atlantic British Exclusive! We've specially-developed this trailer wiring kit for Freelander vehicles. This quality harness kit is dependable and costs a fraction of the genuine version. If features a rubber plug cap to protect your exterior trailer plug from the elements and features easy plug-and-play installation. Follow the basic instructions below to install your wiring harness in minutes!
- Application: Freelander
- Stop and turn functions rated for up to 5 amps or 60 watts.
- Taillight function rated for up to 6 amps or 72 watts.
- T20 Torx Driver
- Screw Drivers
The Trailer connection on the car is behind the right rear trim panel in the rear of the car.
To remove panel:
1) Remove the six screws that retain the rear door floor trim using the T20 torx driver.
2) Release the four quick releases on the panel. Remove the Phillips screw at the top left. Peel back the rear door weather strip. Remove the panel.
3) Locate the trailer connector on the car. It should be on the inside of the passenger side panel. There may be a blanking plug in it. Remove this plug.
4) Install the matching plug on the trailer wiring kit in this plug.
5) Peel the backing off the converter and attach it to the passenger side panel.
Locate the unused grommet located in the right rear floor.
1) Remove the grommet and retain.
2) Feed the flat four connector through this hole.
3) Route the harness under the car over to the trailer receiver.
4) Secure the harness to the body using the supplied wire ties.
5) Cut a slot in the saved grommet slide over the harness and reinstall in the hole.