Rover Resources Center
Troubleshooting Ground-Based Electrical Problems On Your Land Rover
Discovery I | '94-'96
Poor grounds can cause numerous problems. The following are main ground locations and the components they affect. To clean the contact surface, remove the fastener and use a wire brush to clean the post, connector and nut as needed. Spraying on a little contact cleaner may help, too. If the contact point is painted, a star washer can also be added to improve the connection.
Check these ground locations:
- Right inner fender, behind the battery. Battery and EMC on 1994 & 1995 models.
- Below the battery, inside the right frame rail. Battery ground.
- Right of the left cylinder head. ECU, A/C compressor clutch on 1994 & 1995 models.
- Right frame rail, inside the wheel well. Starter.
- Left footwell, behind trim panel. ECM, key switch, radio, OBDII data link.
- Right footwell, behind trim panel. Starter solenoid relay, park-neutral position switch, alarm, data link connector.
- Left side of luggage compartment, behind access panel for taillights, above light assembly. Fuel pump, fuel level sensor.
Complete Tech Tips List Page
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals