Clock Removal And Installation On Land Rover Discovery
Discovery I | '94-'99
Discovery Series II | '99-'04
If your clock unit has failed, it is easily replaced with genuine part# STC1800G, however, removing the old unit requires some specific steps as follows:
- Remove drinks tray.
- Remove ashtray by pushing spring clip down.
- Remove auxiliary switch panel, it snaps out.
- Remove six screws holding tray. Three in each compartment where switch panel and ashtray were.
- Remove clock by releasing four tabs that hold the clock in place. To release the tabs, insert a thin strip of metal such as a feeler gauge at four places indicated in picture. You will need to do all four at the same time.
- Slide clock out and disconnect electrical plugs.
- Install new unit by connecting electrical plugs and snap back in place.
- Install drinks tray, ashtray, and switch panel.