Rover Resources Center
Fits: Discovery I | '94 - '99
1. Remove right front wheel to access the fender well. Open hood.
2. Remove the 6mm bolt securing bottom of fender well.
3. Remove enough retainers from fender well (pull center of retainer out) to partially remove the fender well.
4. Pull open fender well to access behind it. While holding antenna on the inside with pliers or vise grips remove the nut on the outside that holds the antenna to the fender. (May take two people.)
5. Follow the antenna lead starting at the antenna, find and displace the grommet that goes into engine compartment.
6. Under the hood find the lead and follow it to the firewall. (You may have to remove the cover off the engine control unit and remove the control unit to access). Loosen the grommet where it goes thru the firewall.
7. Go inside the car and open the glove box, remove contents and find the stops lift the stops up (this requires a bit of effort as they are spring loaded) until you can get them thru the slots in the dash so the glove box can be dropped out of the way.
8. Find the antenna lead behind the glove box follow it to a connection in the lead. Disconnect the lead at this point. Go back under the hood and withdraw the lead from the car making sure it doesn't get caught on any components inside the dash.
9. Pull the lead thru the fender well and remove the antenna and lead thru the fender. You may need help to hold the fender well open so you can remove the lead.
10. Install the new antenna on the fender hold straight and tighten. (You may need help to hold and tighten.)
11. Route the cable back thru the fender well into the engine compartment and back into the car. You may need to remove the under dash panel to find the cable. Feed it back to the connection behind the glove box and connect.
12. Reinstall glove box under dash panel (if removed) and other components that you may have removed.
13. Note: If you don't need to save the antenna you can cut the cable for removal.
14. Make sure you install the two grommets on the cable in their proper holes.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Questions? Speak with a product specialist.Tap to Call By Phone
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....