Rover Resources Center
Fits: Discovery Series II | '99 - '04 | Vehicles With Rear Air Suspension Only
Removal of Air Springs:
Note: To complete this install, an Autologic Diagnostic System for Land Rover or the Dealer's Test Book Diagnostic system is needed. To get a recommended independent service shop with Autologic in your area, please give Atlantic British a call.
1. De-pressurize the air suspension system using Autologic or Test Book.
2. Raise rear of truck and support on jack stands under chassis.
3. Remove wheels. Place jack under the rear axle to support weight of axle.
4. Remove 2 clips securing air spring. Push spring down and remove air line. Beware of compressed air!!
5. Rotate spring 90 degrees to release from rear axle.
6. Locate the two holes for the spring seat retaining bolts. Run a 10mm X 1.50 tap thru these holes to ease installation of retaining bolts.
7. Install lower spring seats.
8. Jack up axle to release tension from shock absorber. Remove lower bolt. Release ABS sensor lead from bracket.
9. Install upper spring isolator to top of spring. Note: top has the tighter coils at top.
10. Lower axle until the spring can be installed in place.
11. Raise axle making sure spring stays correctly in place. Install shock and clip ABS sensor lead in place.
12. Repeat for opposite side.
13. Reprogram slabs computer to coil springs using Autologic or Test Book diagnostic system (this will disable the air suspension system.)
14. Road test for unusual noises.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....