Rover Resources Center
How To Do An Oil Change On An LR3
Item: LR007160 (replaces 4508334G)
Fits: LR3 | '05-On
Discovery 3 | '05-On
Note: The engine under shields / skid plates must be removed to complete the oil change.
- Using a 13mm socket remove the ten bolts securing the under shield / skid plate.
- Using a 10mm socket remove the two bolts securing the front part of the shield.
- Place an oil drain pan below the oil filter and drain plug and unscrew the oil filter.
- Lubricate the rubber seal with clean oil and install the new filter. Tighten to 13 foot-pound torque.
- Remove drain plug in the oil pan and drain the oil. Catch the oil in the drain pan. After draining the oil install and tighten the drain plug to 18 foot-pound torque.
- Fill engine with 5W-30 weight oil. The 4.4 V8 takes 8 quarts; the 4.0 V6 takes 6 quarts. Start engine and check for leaks.
- Recheck level and top up as necessary.
- Reinstall the under engine shields / skid plates.
Would a video walking you through the oil change procedure help? Check out this oil change video, where Doug shows you the location of the oil filter and drain plug on an LR3.
Complete Tech Tips List Page
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals