Southdown Steering Guard for Range Rover SE/HSE
Fits: Range Rover 4.0 (P38) | '95 - '02
Range Rover 4.6 (P38) | '95 - '02
1 - 3/8" Nut
1 - 3/8" Lock Washer
2 - 3/8" Washers
1 - 3/8" x 4 1/2" Hex
6 - 1/2" Button Head
2 - 1/2" x 2" Hex
2 - 1/2" Lock Washers
4 - 1/2" Washers
8 - 1/2" Nuts
Note: above tools and torque apply for kit parts only. Refer to workshop manual for tools required and torque values when removing/reinstalling suspension/chassis hardware.
- Loosen bolts (left side of vehicle) holding panhard rod bracket to chassis. Withdraw the LOWER of the two bolts. The RH side of the vehicle has similar holes which are unused on LHD vehicles.
- Replace lower chassis panhard bracket bolt through rear steering guard(LH bracket) bracket hole. NOTE: Brackets fit to the INSIDE of the tie-down rings!
- Install new bolt and nut (supplied with kit) through RH side steering guard bracket hole into unused chassis hole on vehicle right side.
- Fit supplied large washers to tie down rings and bolt to the brackets.
- Check all work. Tighten all fasteners. Do not over-torque.
- Periodically check fasteners for tightness and integrity. This applies particularly during post 4-wheeling inspections. Wash out any accumulated debris/dirt as soon as possible.
- Occasionally it is recommended to wipe the surface of the guard with a light oil to help maintain the appearance and to lubricate fasteners.
Complete Product Instructions List Page