Southdown Rear Differential Guard for Range Rover SE/HSE
Fits: Defender 110 | '93
2 - 3/8" x 1 Button Head Bolts
2 - 3/8" Lock Washers
4 - 3/8" Washers
2 - 3/8" Nuts
Note: above tools and torque apply for kit parts only. Refer to workshop manual for tools required and torque values when removing/reinstalling suspension/chassis hardware.
- Fit the guard support hoop loosely over rear differential casing and secure with corresponding existing differential casing nut (close to 12 o'clock position)
- Remove rear harmonic balancer and bracket. Refit balancer assembly with the differential guard main plate between the balancer and the differential. Replace hardware through balancer and differential guard
- Fasten support hoop lower ends to differential guard using supplied button head hardware, with nut attached on INSIDE of differential guard
- Note: There may be a bracket on the top axle housing. It can be removed or bent to obtain clearance. Some trucks have a brake harness attached to this bracket, the support hoop will fit under this harness.
- Ensure all hardware tightened properly. Do not over-torque
- Periodically check fasteners for tightness and integrity. This applies particularly during post 4-wheeling inspections. Wash out any accumulated debris/dirt as soon as possible
- Occasionally it is recommended to wipe the surface of the guard with a light oil to help maintain the appearance and to lubricate fasteners
Complete Product Instructions List Page