Southdown Discovery Series II Fuel Tank Guard(Part# ABPXFT03)
Tools Required to Fit:
Note: above tools and torque apply for kit parts only. Refer to workshop manual for tools required and torque values when removing/reinstalling suspension/chassis hardware.
- Support the front of fuel tank with strap(s)
- Remove the two bolts securing the front of the tank cradle and replace with supplied bolt, washer and nut (see diagram)
- Remove strap(s)
- Remove nuts from front of tow hitch assembly (2 bolts; 1 @ side) and back bolts into frame – do not fully remove
- Fit fuel tank guard over previously installed 3/8” bolts, secure two hitch bolts through tabs on the guard
- Check all work. Tighten all fasteners. Do not over-torque
- Periodically check fasteners for tightness and integrity. This applies particularly during post 4-wheeling inspections. Wash out any accumulated debris/dirt as soon as possible
- Occasionally it is recommended to wipe the surface of the guard with a light oil to help maintain the appearance and to lubricate fasteners
These instructions are offered as a guide to install the Southdown Fuel Tank Guard. This work should be undertaken by a trained technician familiar with suspension and componentry and proper tools. Southdown U.S.A., Inc. assumes no responsibility for the installation of this product.