SOUTHDOWN FUEL TANK GUARD FOR DEFENDER 90(Part# ABPXFT01)
6 - 10mm x 30mm Hex Head
10 – 3/8" Washers
4 – 3/8" x 1 ½" Hex Head
4 - 3/8" Nuts
4 – 3/8" Lock Washers
Note: It is recommended that this guard be installed with less than ¼ tank of gas.
- Support front of fuel tank with strap
- Remove sway bar hardware from fuel tank cradle and swing sway bar clear of cradle.
- Remove the 6 bolts from the fuel tank cradle, discard.
- Fit guard using enclosed new hardware, (6) 10mm bolts and washers.
- Refit sway bar using enclosed new hardware, (4) 3/8” nuts, bolts, washers, and lock washers.
- Remove support strap.
- Go back and check all of your work. Ensure all hardware is tight.
- Periodically check fasteners for tightness and integrity. This applies particularly during post 4-wheeling inspections. Wash out any accumulated debris/dirt as soon as possible
- Occasionally it is recommended to wipe the surface of the guard with a light oil to help maintain the appearance and to lubricate fasteners