Rover Resources Center
Fits: Defender 90 | '94 - '97
Defender 110 | '93
8 - 1/2" x 1" Button Head
8 - 1/2" Nuts
3/4" and 5/16" sockets
5/16" Hex wrench
1. Remove left and right sway bar ball joint assemblies.
2. One at a time, remove radius arm bolts and reverse them -- DO NOT install nuts yet. Do these one at a time to preserve hole alignment.
3. Fit right side skid plate bracket to the radius arm bolts with tabs pointing to center of vehicle. Install nuts and tighten.
4. Fit left side skid plate bracket.
5. Install nuts on radius arm bolts and tighten.
6. Reinstall left and right sway bar ball joint assemblies.
7. Offer skid plate to installed brackets, and secure with supplied hex head screws and nuts. Once all hardware is in place, tighten. Depending on your chassis assembly, you might need the use of a drift and/or jack to facilitate hardware removal/installation on radius arms.
8. Go back and check your work. Ensure ALL hardware is tight.
9. Periodically check fasteners for tightness and integrity. This applies particularly during post 4-wheeling inspections. Wash out any accumulated debris/dirt as soon as possible.
10. Occasionally it is recommended to wipe the surface of the guard with a light oil to help maintain the appearance and to lubricate fasteners.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....