Instructions for Range Rover 4.0/4.6 Overfinch 7 Seater Conversion(Part # 9478, 9478AB, 9478W, 9479, 9479LS)
- 1 Seat Assembly & Closting Strap
- 1 LH Seat Mounting Bracket (red dot)
- 1 RH Seat Mounting Bracket (green dot)
- 1 Seat Stowing Strap & Popper Clip
- 2 Seat Legs
- 2 Seat Belt Kits
- 2 Belt Retaining Clips
- Assemble LH and RH seat mounting brackets to the seat brackets (color marked above)
- Fit the seat legs to the bottom of the seat be engaging the shallow end of the leg in the brackets at the hinge end of the seat and springing the leg back until it can be engaged in the other bracket.
- Fit the Overfinch seat to the car by first tilting both rear seat backs forward and removing the rear parcel shelf. Lift the folded Overfinch seat through either rear door of the car and hook the mounting brackets on to the holes for the rear seat catches in the rear wheel arch trims. Ensure both sides are correctly located and return the rear seat backs to their locked position. (You may find it easier to locate the seat if you unfold it to its 'open' position prior to locating the mounting brackets).
- When correctly positioned, the small legs at the base of the Overfinch seat back should engage in the slot where the spare wheel cover hinges.
If the vehicle is fitted with an additional rubber load space mat or carpet it will be necessary to cut two small holes for these positioning pegs to go through.
Note: The seat cannot be used with a rigid load space protector or other heavy matting fitted.
- Attach the Stowing Strap to the bottom of the RH (large) OE rear seat, in the center line of the car, by drilling a 2mm hole in the base and fixing it with a self tapping screw suitable washer.
- Hold the Overfinch seat firmly in its stowed position (swung forward, snug agains the car's OE rear seat) and pull the Stowing Strap through underneath and attach the popper (supplied inside strap end) to the back of the Overfinch seat with a self tapping screw. Ensure that when it is fixed, the Overfinch seat is held hard up against the back of the OE seats.
To Stow the Overfinch Seat
Lift the cushion of the seat and secure to the top of the seat back with the Closing Strap. Swing the bottom of the seat forward against the OE seat back and secure with the Stowing Strap.
To take up less space, the chromed legs on the underside of the seat can be removed if necessary by reversing the assembly procedure detailed above. Keep them below the spare wheel cover, not loose in the car.
Rear Seat Belt Fitting Instructions
- Undo the car's rear top seat belt mounting nut, fit the static seat belt backet under the existing seat belt and tighten up the nut, making sure it can swivel but is not loose.
- Undo the rear bottom seat belt bolt and remove the spacer between the wheel arch and seat belt bracket. Fit new spacer provided, the thicker part of the spacer goes towards the wheel arch and the thinner part of the spacer goes into the static seat belt bracket. The standard seat belt bracket goes on top of the static seat belt bracket. Refit the standard seat belt bolt and tighten fully.
- To fit the seat belt buckle ends, drill two holes (11mm) in the upper center of the spare wheel well front wall and bolt through the double skinned section. Pass the belt end down through the hinged end of the spare wheel cover. This may require some dexterity!
Make sure all the belts are correctly adjusted and lie untwisted over the occupants.
- The Belt Retaining Clips fit to the wheel arch side trims and keep the belts off the floor. They should be positioned 100mm forward of the spare wheel cover hinge line and 125mm up the side pael. CAUTION: Wiring harnesses run in these areas so do not drill the holes deeper than 7mm. (A spike can be used as the panels are soft).