Rover Resources Center
Fits: Range Rover Classic | '90 - '94
Installing the New Resistor:
1. Remove the old Resistor: The resistor is held by two Phillips screws. Unscrew these screws using a screw driver, unplug the old resistor from the red connector and remove the resistor.
2. Plug the new resistor into the red connector and secure the resistor using the bolts supplied to the bracket that held the original resistor.
3. Re-assemble the dash top and fascia and the job is complete.
Note: When 'splicing,' it is recommended you solder spliced connections and use heat shrinkable tubing over these connections (wire nut caps are not recommended for splicing.)
Needed for This Process:
If you prefer not to go through the process of removing the dash fascia and dash top, you can simply cut the wires to the existing resistor and splice them to the new resistor.
The following wiring diagrams show the existing resistor wiring along with the new resistor wiring for comparison:
Existing Genuine Resistor Wiring Diagram
New Atlantic British Resistor Wiring Diagram
1. Cut the wires connecting to the old resistor and strip approx. 1/3 of an inch of wire casing on each end. Ensure you leave ample length on the wires for splicing.
2. Remove the old Resistor: The resistor is held by two Phillips screws. Unscrew these screws using a screw driver.
3. Cut the wires on the new resistor below the connector and strip approx. 1/3 of an inch of casing off each wire. Ensure you leave ample length on the wires for splicing.
4. To splice the connections, feed a piece of shrinkable heat tubing over each wire end on the cut wires. Then, solder the old resistor wire end to the new resistor wire end according to diagram. Position shrinkable tubing pieces over newly soldered connections and apply heat to tubing with heat gun to shrink.
5. Secure the resistor using the bolts supplied to the bracket that held the original resistor.
6. Re-install the grommet in the bulkhead.
7. Re-install the foam filter and the air intake plastic grill.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Questions? Speak with a product specialist.Tap to Call By Phone
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....