Rover Resources Center
Fits: Range Rover Classic | '90 - '94
The A/C and Heater Blower Motor Resistor controls the speed of the blower motor and the force of the airflow out of the dash vents. You select the level from your dash instrument controls, but this resistor is what enables those controls and regulates the power to the blower motor. This Atlantic British exclusive design is actually an improvement over the genuine resistor. It features a thermal-sink aluminum mounting plate that dissipates circuit heat effectively. The genuine version required air cooling available only when the vehicle was moving - sitting idle for any length of time with the heat or A/C on caused the genuine resistor to overheat and fail.
Location: The stock resistor is located under the cowl, just to the left of the right hood hinge. The plug for the resistor is located inside the truck to the right of the heater box.
1. Remove the center and right side air intake grills by removing the rectangular covers and pry the grills out. Remove the foam filters.
2. The resistor is held by two Phillips screws. They can be removed with a long screw driver positioned through the center air intake and through the hole for the right hood hinge. You may find it easier to use a 1/4 inch drive ratchet with a long extension with a Phillips bit instead of a screwdriver.
3. Once the resistor is free, remove the grommet where the harness goes through the firewall. Then pull the harness until you can access the red plug connector and disconnect the old resistor from the red connector.
4. **Note: On certain vehicles, you may not be able to reach and pull out the red connector harness to disconnect it. If this is the case, You can choose from two alternative installation methods:
5. Feed the resistor harness back into the hole and re-install the grommet. Secure the resistor (using the bolts supplied) to the bracket that held the original resistor.
6. Replace the brackets if removed and rivet in place. Re-install the foam filter and the air intake plastic grill.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Questions? Speak with a product specialist.Tap to Call By Phone
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....