Rover Resources Center
Fits: Discovery I | '94 - '99
Discovery Series II | '99 - '04
Range Rover Classic | '95
Range Rover 4.0 (P38) | '95 - '02
Range Rover 4.6 (P38) | '95 - '02
Defender 90 | '94 - '97
These instructions are for engines with suffix B, using the composite head gasket and stretch bolts.
1. Lightly oil the threads of the new cylinder bolts, also apply some oil to the under side of the head bolts.
2. Install the bolts: Long bolts 1, 3 and 5. Short bolts 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (refer to diagram).
3. Using the diagram, torque as follows:
5. Note: If #10 is a bolt with a stud on it for the alternator bracket, torque to 66 lbs. ft. in three progressions.
6. Do not tighten in one operation.
7. Note: There are no bolts fitted to the lower four holes.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Questions? Speak with a product specialist.Tap to Call By Phone
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....