Rover Resources Center
Fits: Discovery Series II | '99 - '04
Please read through these instructions before commencing any work.
Important: Refer to Owner's Manual before proceeding for safety set up instructions
A. Initial preparation of vehicle before fitting the steering guard.
1. Remove bumper assembly
A. Remove the dust shields
B. Remove bolts from inner wing (one either side).
C. Remove four central bolts (behind crush cans).
D. Disconnect light cables and remove bumper.
2. Mark position of crush cans on chassis rail with marker or masking tape.
3. Chassis rail to crush can; remove 4 nuts & washers, turn bolts around so they are facing inwards to assist fitting steering guard frame - thread to be in line with inside edge of crush cans.
4. Steering box; remove 2 bolts - upper and lower - on right hand side.
B. Fitting the steering guard
1. Slide steering guard frame into chassis rail and slide the rear up and back to steering box.
2. Slide crush can bolts into steering guard frame. Do not fix the nuts yet.
3. Loosely fit the 2 new steering box bolts (supplied).
4. On the opposite side to the steering box, fit drop bar and buffer plate with steering guard plate (supplied) to chassis using 2 exsting steering box bolts (refer to section A.4. above).
5. Fix 2 new steering box bolts with Locktite (120mm long; refer to section B.4. above).
6. Pinch up all the 8 bolts and check the fitment of the guard.
7. Tighten all bolts to Land Rover specification (torque wrench settings).
8. Check the crush cans are realigned.
9. Fit steering guard blade using the 8 flange bolts supplied.
10. Refit bumper.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Questions? Speak with a product specialist.Tap to Call By Phone
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....