From floor mats to filters to complete engines, we carry the widest range of parts and accessories for your Land Rover you will find anywhere!
...And the important word here is stock. We simply don't list part #'s that we can buy - we stock them. We operate over 50,000 square feet of warehouse space at two warehouse locations on both the East and West coast.
Since 1970, we've helped more Land Rover owners enhance, modify or repair their vehicle than any other independent parts specialist. Quality products, superior service and a wealth of happy customers are the keys to our success. Getting you what you need, efficiently and effectively - it's what we do.
We appreciate your business - buy with confidence!
Initial Steps For Installing Locking Differentials On Land Rover Vehicle
Item:9467 Fits: Discovery I | '94 - '99 Discovery Series II | '99 - '04 Range Rover Classic | '94 - '95 | ALL 4 PIN DIFFS SOME 93 LWB ALSO Range Rover 4.0 (P38) | '95 - '98 Range Rover 4.6 (P38) | '95 - '98 Defender 90 | '94 - '97 Defender 110 | '93 | Front ONLY
The ARB Air Locker compressor also functions independently as a tire pump-up kit. (Fittings and air-hose are optional).
Note: This installation should be completed in conjunction with the manufacturer's service manual.
1. Drain oil, disconnect tail shaft, remove axles and the differential housing from the vehicles per manufacturers maintenance manual.
2. Remove both bearing caps from the differential housing marking left and right then remove differential from differential housing. Remove ring gear and bearings from differential.
3. Fit ring gear to your new ARB Air Locker differential. Note: Heat the ring gear in hot water or in an oven to 80-100C (175-212F) to facilitate assembly, ensuring mating surfaces are clean before assembly. Torque ring gear bolts to vehicle manufacturer's specifications using Loctite 290 on threads before tightening. Note: On some models the crown wheel bolts cannot be reused. Refer to vehicle manufacturer's manual for details.
4. Install bearings on new Air Locker. Note: When changing bearings be sure to use only genuine Timken bearings. It has been found that other brands have a different cage, which may foul on the seal housing.
5. Mark the differential housing for convenient hole location of brass bulkhead fitting. While this location is not critical, the hole should be in the upper part of the differential housing towards the right hand side of the vehicle. This will allow the plastic air line to the compressor to be run over the top of the axle housing, and provide clearance of the bulkhead fitting and tube on the inside of the differential housing from the differential. When fitting an ARB Air Locker differential to the front of the vehicle, the bulkhead fitting should be in the upper part of the differential housing towards the left hand side of the vehicle.
Drill a 11.2mm (7/16") diameter hole and tap1/4" NPT thread. Use cloth to protect pinion and pinion bearings from swarf.