Rover Resources Center
1) Open doors and start by removing the fasteners that hold down the seat belt strap. Remove the four fasteners that hold the floor panels and cubby down. (Seat rails are mounted to the top of the cubby.) These points will secure the Sill Protectors.
2) Pull weather stripping away from side door jams approximately 12 inches, and fold out of your way so Sill Protectors can be easily fitted.
3) Place Sill Protectors on door sill. Cut outs will provide clearance for body edges. Make sure that the wide edge (1 ½") is to horizontal and the shorter edge (1 ¼") is to vertical. On Station Wagon Models, mount over carpet. On soft Top Models, mount over floor panels not over rubber mats.
4) Secure Sill Protectors to vehicle with clamps or have a helper hold in place for drilling. Caution, if someone is holding the protector down, keep hands away from drill area and use a block of wood over Sill Protector for safety. Please use appropriate eye and hand protection.
5) Using a ¼" drill bit, locate holes from underside of vehicle. Drill up through removed bolt holes and drill through Sill Protector.
6) Once holes are drilled remove Sill Protector from vehicle. Add a bead of silicone sealant (RTV) on the vertical edge and by cut outs at ends of protector. This will help prevent water ingress. Install Protector using stainless fasteners provided.
7) Use hex head fasteners on seat belt bracket and button head fasteners at other locations. For a newt appearance, flat washers are not need under button heads. Nylon washers are to be installed underneath stainless washers and nylon lock nuts. Seat belt bracket mounts over Sill Protector.
8) Reinstall weather-stripping to body. Some trimming at bottom edge may be necessary.
9) This step may not be necessary for Soft Top Models. However, it must be done for all Station Wagon Models in order for doors to shut properly. Soft Top owners may opt to proceed as the door seals provided in kit seal more effectively than those provided by manufacturer.
Factory seal must be removed. Seal is riveted to door. Using a ¼" drill bit, carefully drill tops of rivets. Tops will pop off leaving body of rivet in door. Once rivets are all drilled remove factory seal. Leave rivet bodies in door. Clean door bottom and vertical edge thoroughly with a paint safe solvent that won’t leave an oily residue. Remove adhesive backing from seal in kit and install along inside vertical edge at bottom of door. (Back side of door skin.) Not on horizontal edge where factory seal was located. Trim to appropriate length. Check door operation.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....