Rover Resources Center
Fits: Defender 90 | '94 - '97
Tools Needed for Kit #9784:
Recommended but not Required:
1. Using the 15mm deep well socket, remove the nuts from the original studs.
2. Open both windows so you have access to both sides and carefully pull up on the window. Try to keep the gasket with the window as you remove it--you might need to use the pry bar to help with the window removal. Make sure the plastic sleeve used with the factory studs, is not stuck in the door. Discard this sleeve, it is not used with the new stainless steel studs.
3. With the window removed, examine the through-hole in the door. If it looks corroded use a round file to clean the hole. Use your new stainless steel studs to check the clearance.
4. Remove the original studs from the window with vice grips. If necessary, re-tap the threads in the window.
5. Using vice grips, install the new window studs. You might want to use a drop of Loctite to secure the studs--stainless steel has a tendency to loosen with vibration.
6. Reposition the window on the door. Apply a thin film of silicone spray to prevent sticking of the gasket to the top surface of the door.
7. Using the supplied serrated flange nuts, secure the window to the door. We recommend the use of "Quick Nuts"--Atlantic British part # 9788--for easier removal of the window.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....