Rover Resources Center
Fits: Discovery I | '94 - '99
Range Rover Classic | '87 - '95
1. Attach the mounting brackets to the Steps ensuring the front brackets are fitted to the front of the step. (The angled end of the step is the front). Loosely tighten the M8 nuts and bolts using one Flat and one Spring Washer.
2. Locate the four Outriggers found in front of the rear wheels and behind the front wheels.
3. Remove the four nuts from the body mounting bolts located at the end of each Outriggers.
4. Offer the Step and Bracket unit up the vehicle and locate the brackets onto the body mounting bolts and replace the nuts.
5. Tighten all the bolts ensuring the position of the Step is satisfactory.
6. It is necessary to drill one 10mm hole in the Outriggers to support and strengthen the step. Use the M8 nuts and bolts provided.
Note: On some early models it may be necessary to pack out the mounting bolts with washers. Additional washers are included in the kit for this eventuality.
Unfasten nuts from body support bolts-leaving bolds in place. Position Side Steps using front holes in Support Plates to pick up with existing bolts on Chassis. Use two Heavy Duty Washers and tighten bolts up. Drill two x 9mm holes through rear of Suppport Plates and fit 8mm Bolts. Care should be taken not to drill through cables. Repeat on opposite side.
Note (Discovery): When fitting the passenger side step (only ) it will require 2 spacer washer between step and front body mount. "Right hand drive vehicles." For left hand drive fit on drivers side.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Questions? Speak with a product specialist.Tap to Call By Phone
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....