Rover Resources Center
Note: You will need a puller tool to remove centralizing pin in the original flange.
1. Remove original drive shaft by removing the three nuts and bolts securing flexible coupling to rear axle flange.
2. Remove four nuts securing drive shaft to transfer box. Remove drive shaft from truck.
3. Use puller tool to remove centralizing pin from rear flange. Note: It is secured with thread locking compound. Rover has a special tool to do this. This tool is designed to push on the flange and pull the pin. The pin has an 8mm x 125 threaded hole in it. You can use a sliding hammer threaded into this hole. Apply some heat to the flange to release the thread locking compound.
4. Once the pin is out of the way, remove the nut or bolt securing the flange to the pinion. (Depending on model year, a nut OR a bolt may be used to secure flange.)
5. Remove nut or bolt holding pinion flange. Remove flange.
6. Assemble new flange as pictured in Figure 1.
7. Replace pinion seal.
8. Install spacer, new flange and nut. Tighten to 95 ft. lbs. torque. If flange was secured by a bolt, torque to 90 ft. lbs.
9. Install new drive shaft using supplied nuts and bolts and tighten to 35 ft. lbs. torque.
SIGN UP for Offers on Rover Parts & Latest Deals!
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....