Rover Resources Center
Before you begin, please note that certain location packets include nylon washers. These are to be installed under stainless steel washers to protect and seal the body of the vehicle from moisture ingress, and corrosion.
1. License Tag mounting. Remove existing fasteners and tags. Re-install with Stainless steel Fasteners. Install flat stainless steel washers with nylon washers against the mounting surface under the heads of screws and the nylon lock nuts. Spacers are to be installed between tag and body of vehicle.
2. Hood hinge mounting. Remove existing fasteners one piece at a time. Replace with Stainless steel fasteners. Flat Stainless steel washers, with nylon washers against mounting surface are to be installed underneath the nylon lock nuts.
3. Rear body to chassis. Remove existing fasteners and Replace with Stainless steel Fasteners, one piece at a time. Install flat stainless steel washers with nylon washers against the mounting surface under the heads of screws and the nylon lock nuts. Apply thin film of grease to threads of fasteners that install into captive nuts.
4. Tail Lamp Brush Guard Mounting. Remove any existing fasteners, one piece at a time, not affecting the alignment. Install flat stainless steel washers with nylon washers against the mounting surface under the heads of screws and the nylon lock nuts. CAUTION: If threaded fittings pressed into the body turn, they must be held from reverse side. Apply grease or anti-seize compound to these screws during installation.
5. Side door hinge mounting. Remove and replace existing fasteners, one at a time, making sure to not affect door alignment. Install forward hinge screws first. BE CAREFUL! DO NOT FORCE! Apply grease or anti-seize compound on threads of fasteners. Inner door panels must be removed on all models to install fasteners through hinge and door. Be careful removing handles, speaker wires, and window cranks (if applicable). Unscrew or pop-off inner door panels. Replacement clips are provided for D-90 Station wagon. Replacement screws are provided to secure inner door panel on soft-top 90 vehicles. Install nylon washers under screw heads. Always check screw length prior to installation.
6. Rear Door & Spare tire mounting. Remove and replace existing fasteners, one piece at a time. Check screw lengths as you proceed. Always Apply grease or anti-seize compound to threads on fasteners not requiring nylon lock nuts. Door hinge fasteners may or may not accept flat stainless steel washers. Smaller screws for spare tire mounting and rear door usually will accept flat stainless steel washers and flat nylon washers under heads of screws and nuts. On some models, inner panels must be removed for reverse side access.
7. Safari Cage [Applies only to NAS models]. Remove and replace existing fasteners, one piece at a time. Fasteners that accept nylon lock nuts require flat stainless steel washers under fastener heads and nuts. Those threading into body or fixed nuts accept lock washers (if desired) and flat stainless steel washers. Always Apply grease or anti-seize compound to threads on fasteners threading into fixed nuts. On some soft-top models, it may be difficult to get a socket to fully purchase the fastener head for tightening. This is due to the rubber covering at the mounting locations. If this problem is encountered, you must chamfer the edge of the rubber covering, approximately 3/16". This is easily done with basic shop tools. However, for best results we recommend using a dremmel tool or die grinder. Always use caution and wear appropriate protection for eyes and hands.
8. Heater Intake and Cover Plate. Located on wings. Remove existing fasteners and replace with the provided stainless steel fasteners and Nylon washers.
SIGN UP for Exclusive Offers & Latest Deals
Questions? Speak with a product specialist.Tap to Call By Phone
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....